Also, in case you don’t have party list yet to vote… you may want to consider ABA.
Spread the news and make ABA known to our extended families, relatives and friends. ABA is
Alyansang Bayanihan ng mga Magsasaka, Manggagawang-Bukid at Mangingisda
ABA is a pro-people, pro-life and pro-family party list. The Catholic church supports ABA.
ABA is an alliance of groups that represent the rural poor, the urban poor, and the traditional natural family.
The nominees of ABA are:
1. 2009-10 party list representative Leonardo Montemayor
2. former ABA party list representative Dioscoro Granada
3. JOSE NEBRAO – founding member/president of Serve Life, founding member/vice-president for Task Force for Family and Life, Proponent of Organic Farming and Small Agri-based Business,
4. Jose Morales
5. Atty. Makilito Mahinay
ABA has been advancing and advocating the following legislations and housing policy reforms within and outside of the halls of Philippine Congress. These are:
• Legislation: Exemptions for cooperatives from EVAT; extension of the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program; strengthening of the Crop Insurance Program; Agricultural and Fisheries Modernization Act; Party List Act; Comprehensive Integrated Shelter Financing Act; Indigenous Peoples Rights Act; Fisheries Code; and the Safeguard Measures Act.
• Housing policy reforms: fast-tracking the identification of government lands for social housing projects thru Presidential proclamations; and the just and humane eviction of squatters through EO 152.
• Other advocacies: the creation of a congressional commission on the strengthening of the Filipino Family; the creation of the Omnibus Human Resource Development policy; and the promotion of bio-organic farming.
Here are some priority measures of ABA in Congress:
• To formulate new laws for: a National Land and Water Use Policy; a Magna Carta for the Urban Poor; and the creation of a Department of Housing.
• To properly implement Agrarian, Urban Land, and Natural Resources Reforms so as to attain the true benefits to the people.
• To strengthen: Sustainable Agricultural Modernization; the Cooperative sector; the micro-finance system; organic agriculture and community-based watershed/forest management programs; and the Party-List system.
• To work for the early recovery and proper use of the coconut levy funds.
• To nurture a Culture of Life and reject the death penalty, euthanasia, abortion, and radical fertility control; to defend the natural family as society’s primary unit and oppose divorce and same-sex marriage; and to preserve the primacy of the family in the rearing and education of its own children in all matters.